"Get Hooked on New York"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

NY Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

Western New York Fishing Lovers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NY Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
farawayeyes44
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 19

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Western New York Fishing Lovers! Reply with quote

Great start to a new season! Upper Niagara River absolutely NUTS! Perch, Bass, Carp, Panfish, Northern, Bullhead, You name it we got it! Would like to start an update on this site --- anyone interested?!~ Thanks!
grande
Brook Trout Rank

Total Points: 35

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: niagara Reply with quote

I don`t fish up there but i`d like to see discussion on northern pike and muskies here in ny.I`d contribute a bit of info wherever i went,i`m an average fisherman who loves to fish.Not much time to travel-started new job couple weeks ago.
Bob
farawayeyes44
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Northern Pike as of June 2008 Reply with quote

I will tell ya what! The Northerns are absolutely HUGE this year! I finally have one at the taxidermist - She is 34" long (Ive caught longer) BUT! she weighs 15 pounds. Usually I catch the "babies" first; not this year - catching a lot of big 'uns.

I am using my usual bait: large shiners. Instead of fishing them beneath a bobber, I am using a size 6 hook, with a slip sinker. WOrks like a CHARM!
I think I mentioned I fish on the Upper Niagara River, near Buffalo.

I am CERTAIN this is the year I will catch "Nessie" - she is a freakin HUGE Nothern, honestly probably close to 4 feet long, and thick as a log! Wish me luck!
grande
Brook Trout Rank

Total Points: 35

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that`s a chubby pike....i`m gonna be @ chautauqua for a musky tourney next weekend(i posted info in the tourney section of this site).Good luck on the niagara.
Bob
donaldgeorge
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 23

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: APRIL 2009....WOW Reply with quote

GREAT STEELHEAD...8-15 LBS

A FUN WAY TO SPEND A DAY

CYA
DON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NY Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: