"Get Hooked on New York"

Blackfish Comments

You must be logged in to add comments. If you are already a user, please login, otherwise sign up is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.

User: t46schell
Comment: Try Hew Havens jetty when Blackfish season opens.
Date: 07/23/11 01:14 PM

User: raptor915
Comment: These baby's really give a great fight to the end...and more! Green crabs (small) work great for me! MMMM good eat'in too!
Date: 05/11/11 09:22 AM

User: dcjackson
Comment: anyone have a spot I can try fishing at?
Date: 05/02/11 01:36 PM

User: spidercrab
Comment: tautog are kinda dumb. i used to spearfish these guys. i remember swimming up to one which was hanging out in a underwater rock pile and it just sat there staring at me with this goofy look. i felt bad but i took aim and zapped him. they are just curious i guess, wondering what the hell i was doing in his living room. sorry bud. good eatin' though. also caught them with rod and reel. boy, they can really dig in. a great fighter.
Date: 02/22/11 02:14 AM

User: t46schell
Comment: I went out with my friend on kayaks and fished for Blacks we were about a mile out in Fairfield Ct near the light house on Penfield reef and caught a couple of keepers it was our first time out there but not our last.
Date: 11/09/09 04:22 PM

User: bullshark
Comment: These are one of the easiest to catch and they're very tasty too.
Date: 08/13/09 08:49 AM

User: bigjim
Comment: The easiest place to catch them in Virginia is around the islands of the CBBT. Just about any wreck will hold them too. I like fiddler crabs best for bait but my largest (about 10 pounds) came on a clam.
Date: 03/10/09 08:26 PM

User: julio
Comment: niantic is the place to catch them .water is deeper and clener than new haven waters .21 in is the bigist i have caught .
Date: 04/08/08 08:55 AM