"Get Hooked on New York"

First Brookies on the Pemigewasset River Comments

You must be logged in to add comments. If you are already a user, please login, otherwise sign up is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.

User: anything_for_points
Comment: Nice fish man!
Date: 09/09/15 07:54 PM

User: baystateangler
Comment: I'd like to get into some bigger sized ones. I like my spinning gear, too.
Date: 07/29/15 03:05 PM

User: thorn168
Comment: I think you would have more fun catching fish of that size on a 6wt fly rod.
Date: 07/29/15 01:13 PM

User: baystateangler
Comment: Good luck Dan! The pemi is a great river for brookies, rainbows, and browns. I've only caught brookies on the river, but those other fish are out there. There's also some nice salmon, but I think they're fly fishing only. Tight lines!
Date: 07/28/15 05:21 PM

User: dr
Comment: Im up at newfound lake and an old fisherman told me about a secret spot on the pemmi around exit 23. Going to try it this week. been catching some great smallies on newfound but going to try for some trout.
Date: 07/28/15 04:55 PM

User: baystateangler
Comment: Wow dude that's a great fish. We were going to NH anyway for a family vacation and it happened to be on a pretty good trout spot, so I took advantage of the circumstances. I have been itching to get out to western mass, as well, hopefully for my first brown. I think I'll have better luckcatching a brown or a nice brookie out west on a good river than a laker out of Wachusett in one trip. I've been planning a trip in that direction for a while, and I'm leaning toward going for the browns.
Date: 07/27/15 09:10 PM

User: troutfreak
Comment: Great fish !!! Lots of fun on the magnets ....Why go north for fish when we have some beauties in Western Mass ?

Date: 07/27/15 08:44 PM

User: baystateangler
Comment: I stayed up at indian head resort with my family. I think it's a little north of loon mt. The place had a pond in the back with NICE rainbows and the pemi ran right behind the place and was maybe a two minute walk. Said part of the river was stacked with brookies, little ones, but fine by me since I hadn't caught them before going into the trip. I'm going back up to NH in a couple weeks but much farther east and I'm hoping to get into my first brown.
Date: 07/27/15 05:31 PM

User: bassturds
Comment: I LOVE IT UP THERE!!! i havent fished it in a while! never caught any bows but a bunch of brookies! some biggons to.

where did you stay?? loon mt?
Date: 07/27/15 12:31 PM