"Get Hooked on New York"

Clean Up After Yourself Comments

You must be logged in to add comments. If you are already a user, please login, otherwise sign up is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.

User: stump
Comment: Trash sux! Had a nice pond on a farmers land shut down because the farmer was tired of the beer cans, fishing gear and D&D all over the place. Just try and do my part and pick up what I can.
Date: 04/20/15 07:25 PM

User: baystateangler
Comment: I actually have found that Houghton's Pond is relatively clean and not littered with trash. It would be a wonderful place to fish without the foreigners on the beach near the far side of the pond cranking their stereos and ruining the whole quiet pond scene.
Date: 04/20/15 06:38 PM

User: live4fish
Comment: I really want to go at night with my cast net and fill up buckets of trout to use as live bait...

CPL MC: We're probably neighbors. PM me if you want to get on some other fish.
Date: 04/20/15 05:48 PM

User: live4fish
Comment: No self-respecting fisherman would visit that place.

That's not a nice comment on my part... No real offense meant.

I really wish 'our' fish and game folks would put money into better stocking programs (Herring restoration, Pike, Channel Cats).

I loathe trout stocking. I won't buy a license because I could give a flying f*ck about the 10 ponds they stock.
Date: 04/20/15 05:44 PM

User: dr
Comment: I always bring a bag with me and try to pick some trash....Beer cans, plastic bottles, etc but the worst thing you can leave is fishing line. Clean up after yourself and take a lil extra.
Date: 04/20/15 04:54 PM

User: dr
Date: 04/20/15 04:53 PM

User: briancircleg
Comment: Nice Fish. I find that the more easily accessible a pond is, then the more trash there is. Generally, the "trashy" people don't like to hike. At Spot Pond, I find the most trash around the shore near the parking lot. So annoying....
Date: 04/20/15 04:01 PM

User: cpl_mc
Comment: I caught my limit in 40 min early Sat morning, I was there at 6:15. I haven't seen the white bucket brigade this season yet but I know who you are talking about.
Date: 04/20/15 02:43 PM

User: chefrich
Comment: It tends to be the white bucket brigade who ruins that place.
Date: 04/20/15 02:40 PM

User: dimes
Comment: I was at Houghtons Saturday afternoon - got skunked except for a cpl of Blue Gills. Met a guy in the parking lot who said he killed it.
How people leave trash around kills me - I put it down to badly rared..if you leave trash, you probably come from trash.
Date: 04/20/15 02:32 PM