"Get Hooked on New York"

Sunfish Comments

You must be logged in to add comments. If you are already a user, please login, otherwise sign up is FREE and only takes a couple minutes.

User: baystateangler
Comment: sunfish are sunfish. they take your live bait but are too small to hook. they're annoying as hell. Pumpkinseeds are pretty fish, though.
Date: 04/27/15 08:16 PM

User: anglerman13
Comment: i catch a lot of these
Date: 05/16/12 11:57 AM

User: bassplayer
Comment: I caught a 7 on a blade of grass on a hook once I ran out of bait.
Date: 04/14/12 03:52 PM

User: timmeh
Comment: these guys put up a good fight that is why I like 'em
Date: 08/20/11 11:51 AM

User: catfish_polak
Comment: Haha i agree with you guys, they are definetly the only reason i can tell my buddies i caught fish everytime i go fishing :)
Date: 04/10/11 07:56 PM

User: linkmak
Comment: god... i hate sunfish so much... use a paper clip, some kite string and some bread.. i caught hundreds of pumpkins and bluegills that way as a preteen... now i through them into traffic
Date: 04/27/10 12:34 PM

User: bullshark
Comment: When all else fails and nothing else is biting, just put a small hook(size #2 or smaller) and you'll be able to say you caught something everytime.
Date: 08/04/09 04:04 PM

User: smokecity
Comment: I KNOW WHERE THE BIG ONE IS HIDING!!!!!! HE WAS .13 LAST YEAR

Date: 05/18/09 02:47 AM

User: diggadave24
Comment: I have a love hate relationship with the sunny. I hate the fact that they don't have much of a fight when you hook them on a pole set up for bass. I love them because on a day when your not catching anything they can save you from being skunked.
Date: 03/29/09 01:29 PM

User: bigjim
Comment: Many people will wait for the spawn when these are easy to find. However, I have always caught my largest just before the spawn off of points near deep water. My best to date is 1-15.
Date: 03/10/09 08:41 PM