"Get Hooked on New York"
Refer a Friend
"Real" Cajun Blackened Redfish Recipe for Red Drum
"Real" Cajun Blackened Redfish
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 cups Italian-style salad dressing
* 4 (4 ounce) fillets red drum
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low heat; cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Dip the filets into the melted butter, then coat with the seasoning mixture.
4. In a large skillet over high heat, sear fish on each side for 2 minutes or until slightly charred.
5. Place in a 11x7 inch baking dish and pour the Italian dressing onto each filet. Cover baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until flaky and tender.
This is the real deal that made "blackened" anything famous. There have been many imitations but none as good as the first one!
05/25/09 05:47 PM
View Other Red Drum Recipes
Terms of Service
Developed by USFishFinder.com Copyright ©2007-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Optimized for
Google Chrome Browser