"Get Hooked on New York"

Free Member Sign Up!
Already a Member? Login Here.
Add to Favorites

NY Fish Finder Forum Index
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 

any good fishing around monticello ny?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NY Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezarubin
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: any good fishing around monticello ny? Reply with quote

if anyone have any nice lake/river places that they know around monticello ny and wouldn't mind sharing the location i would realy appreciate it. i live in nyc nd as everone knows theres nothing here Sad but fishing is one of my best hobbies just dont really know any good locations...
donaldgeorge
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 23

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: GREAT FISHING SPOTS Reply with quote

MANY SMALL POND/LAKES....TRY SQUIRELL CORNERS NEAR MONGAUP...OR
THE BASHERKILL MARSH(DEC LAUNCH SITES) RTE 209
ALSO OFF OF RT 17 JUST BEFORE EXIT 12 YOU WILL SEE A SMALL
LAKE OFF TO THE RIGHT ..YOU CAN DRIVE DOWN TO IT JUST AS YOU
START TO EXIT...(BASS AND PICKRELL...IF YOU TAKE THE EXIT...AND
GO OHE ON RAMPVER THE PKWY...PARK AND WALK DOWN THE
ON RAMP AND YOU WILL SEE A POND TO THE RIGHT...ITS LOADED WITH BASS.....IT ALSO HAS SOME WATER SNAKES AND
WHERE YOUR TICK REPELLENT...

CYA
DON
yankeefan666
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: MONTICELLO AREA LAKES/RIVERS Reply with quote

HI, FEW GOOD AREAS I KNOW OF, LAKES, IS THE ELDRED PRESERVE, PAY TO FISH, BOAT RENTALS, BASS IS C& R BUT YOU CAN KEEP TROUT & PAY BY THE POUND. I NEVER FISHED HERE BUT HEARD ITS PRETTY GOOD. ITS ON RT. 55 IN ELDRED. THE OTHER AREA IS TEN MILE RIVER SCOUT CAMP. HAVE TO GET A PERMIT. NOT HARD TO GET. WELL WORTH IT. CAUGHT MY LARGEST PICKEREL IN CRYSTAL LAKE ON TMR. LOT OF GOOD WATER ON THE SCOUT CAMP. NOT HARD TO GET TO. USED TO DEER HUNT ON TMR UNTIL THEY STOPPED THE PUBLIC FROM HUNTING THERE, ONLY ROD & GUN CLUBS ALLOWED TO HUNT. SHAME, LOT OF DEER THERE. CAN ALSO TRY THE DELEWARE RIVER, FISHED IT A FEW TIMES, NOT A FAN OF RIVERS. I AM LOOKING FOR LAKES OR ONDS IN THE AREA THERE THAT HAS GOOD BASS & PICKEREL FISHING WITH JON BOAT RENTALS. BUT A LOT OF GOOD BODIES OF WATER IN THAT AREA, TRY & FIND A BAIT & TACKLE STORE IN MONTICELLO OR ANY TOWN UP THERE & ASK, AM SURE THEY WILL FILL YOU IN. J. COSTIGAN.[/b]
afishn
Baitfish Rank

Total Points: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monticello is about 30 miles from the Delaware River.I used to live on it in a small town named Cochecton.The SM bass fishing there is excellent(and underfishd) and you can wade it from shore in most places
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NY Fish Finder Forum Index -> Freshwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: