Great start to a new season! Upper Niagara River absolutely NUTS! Perch, Bass, Carp, Panfish, Northern, Bullhead, You name it we got it! Would like to start an update on this site --- anyone interested?!~ Thanks!

Posted Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm

I don`t fish up there but i`d like to see discussion on northern pike and muskies here in ny.I`d contribute a bit of info wherever i went,i`m an average fisherman who loves to fish.Not much time to travel-started new job couple weeks ago.
Bob

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm

I will tell ya what! The Northerns are absolutely HUGE this year! I finally have one at the taxidermist - She is 34" long (Ive caught longer) BUT! she weighs 15 pounds. Usually I catch the "babies" first; not this year - catching a lot of big 'uns.

I am using my usual bait: large shiners. Instead of fishing them beneath a bobber, I am using a size 6 hook, with a slip sinker. WOrks like a CHARM!
I think I mentioned I fish on the Upper Niagara River, near Buffalo.

I am CERTAIN this is the year I will catch "Nessie" - she is a freakin HUGE Nothern, honestly probably close to 4 feet long, and thick as a log! Wish me luck!

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:04 am

that`s a chubby pike....i`m gonna be @ chautauqua for a musky tourney next weekend(i posted info in the tourney section of this site).Good luck on the niagara.
Bob

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 am

GREAT STEELHEAD...8-15 LBS

A FUN WAY TO SPEND A DAY

CYA
DON

Posted Wed May 27, 2009 7:44 am

NY Fish Finder

Social Links