I've been out a few times this year.

First day (opening day of walleye) blew the water jacket on my engine.

Second day (one week later) skunked.

Third day 6/6/08, third cast on the backsets (campground side) a walleye hammered my junior firetiger Thunder Stick (diver). That was the only "eye" all day. We did however catch 2 pickerel, 1 smally, and 3 nice rock bass.

I'm heading back this sunday 6/15/08, and was just wondering if anyone has been out there?

If not I'll let y'all know how I did. I really hope I'm not going to be the only one posting on this lol.

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Well, couldn't have asked for a better day. Launched about 11am and had the first line in the water by 11:15. Fished the whole shoreline by the state campground, which turned up nothing.

Headed over to A OK campground and had lunch, and headed to the backsets. The weeds are starting to over populate in the back, had to take the prop off the trolling motor twice, cause it was bound up with weeds.

Fished the north shore next, just west of A OK campground. My 6 yr old nephew caught about a 2lbs rock bass on a firetiger countdown.

Headed back to the state campground and I caught a 2lbs crappie on a soft body shad rap. And my nephew caught another rockbass that was not much smaller than his first.

Lastly we fished Stokes cove and I lost a mountable northern on a smithwick.

Very slow day, but had a blast with my brother and nephew. Can't wait to go again!!!

Posted Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:50 pm

NY Fish Finder

Social Links