This 16.77lb Lake Trout netted the LCI Angler over $64,000 in cash and prizes!

The 30th annual LCI Father's Day Derby presented by Yamaha is the premier lake-wide fishing event on beautiful Lake Champlain, the nation's 6th largest freshwater lake. With over $750,000 up for grabs in cash and prizes, including the $300,000 Mystery Fish, three Starcraft boats rigged with Yamaha outboards, and $3000 guaranteed to each of the first-place finishers in the seven species categories, this is the one derby you can’t afford to miss! And with a basic registration fee of only $40, it is incredibly affordable! This year’s event kicks off June 18 at midnight and continues through 4pm on June 20..

This family friendly event was named a Top 10 Summer Event from the Vermont Department of Tourism. It allows for fishing from boat or shore, both in the New York and Vermont sides of the lake. Our 12 weigh stations make it easy to weigh in your catch and host nightly raffles for great prizes such as GPS units from Lowrance, Gas Grills from Gander Mountain, gift certificates from Traxstech, Able, and Big Jon, as well as over $12,000 worth of lures from Sebile, Eppinger, Challenger, Mooselook, Lhur Jensen, Grizz Baits, and more!

Don’t take our word for it. Here is what some LCI Anglers have to say about the Father’s Day Derby presented by Yamaha:

“Thank you for your time and the effort that your staff has put in to create a tournament for everyone. I fish these derbies because I love to fish, and what better than to have a chance at getting paid to do what you love to do."
-- James Meacham & family, LCI Anglers

"It's a privilege to fish the LCI Derby. Lake Champlain has some of the best fishing in the northeast in a beautiful setting. It's great to see all the families out fishing having a great time."
-- Randy Gagne, LCI Angler

And one of our favorites:

"Like I always say, you can keep Christmas, I'll take Derby weekend!"
-- Keith Darby, LCI Angler

Posted Mon May 23, 2011 11:04 am

NY Fish Finder

Social Links