"Get Hooked on New York"
Refer a Friend
Haddock with Grapefruit Burre Blanc Recipe for Haddock
Haddock with Grapefruit Burre Blanc
1-1/2 # Haddock fillet
salt & pepper
2 sticks of butter (room temp)
1 large shallot
1 clove garlic
juice of 2 large pink or red grapefruits
- cut haddock into portions, salt &pepper.
- cut pats of butter from 1/2 stick and place on top of fish
- place into pre heated 400 deg. oven until cooked.
- in a pan on med high heat sautee coursely chopped shallot and garlic with just a little olive oil.
- add thyme sprigs and grapefruit juice.
- reduce liquid to 1/2 it's volume and strain solids.
- return liquid to pan and reduce heat to low.
- salt to taste.
- now for the tricky part.
- have your remaining butter cut into 1 tbsp cubes.
- remove liquid from heat and stir in 1 cube of butter at a time. If your liquid starts to cool too much heat it up. keep adding butter 1 cube at a time until you have a smooth silky sauce.
- immediately spoon some sauce onto a plate and add a piece of fish.
If your sauce curdles forget it and start over. Burre blanc has to be finnesed not rushed. It's truly one of the most wonderful sauces to accompany fish. It can be made with any acidic fruit or vinegar.
09/10/10 02:58 PM
View Other Haddock Recipes
Terms of Service
Developed by USFishFinder.com Copyright ©2007-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Optimized for
Google Chrome Browser